Monday, March 28, 2011

Help!! Tanglewood ruined!

Hello fellow stitchers, I am in need of desperate help.  Last night my cat puked up her dinner (while we were out) all over my binder that held my Tanglewood stitching and threads.  I took out the stitching and cleaned off the binder and thought, phew, my stitching ok! I didn't really take a good look at it until today when I noticed that some of the threads dyed into my fabric! In a spot that can't be stitched over or hidden!!!! I tried soaking it in water with a gentle soap but it is not coming out!!

What do I do?!

Here is the photo.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Soak in cold, cold water, you will have to change several times. This worked for someone I know that had red bleed all over a finished project. They contacted DMC and this is what they recommend they do.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Melissa said...

uh-oh. I'm so sorry this happened, Anne. Teresa's advice sounds good. Since this hasn't happened to me I can't offer any words of wisdom. Hopefully soaking it will fade out the stain and then you'll just get an "aged" look (?)

Anne said...

Thanks Teresa for the advice. I am following it now with the hopes that it will fade, or disappear! And Melissa, the "aged" look is what my husband said so you two are on the same page. I just hope this works!

Teresa said...

Hope it works, remember to keep changing the water and it may take as many as 30 times. Keep it up and let us know how it works.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches