Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Remember Me?!

Well, this feels strange, updating my blog?!! I figured why not update after filing my taxes and my boo boo is asleep! Not much to report other than we are currently exhausted and stressed about my impending return to work in less than two weeks.  I so wish I could be a stay at home mom at least for another year.  Nathanael is too young to have his mommy be ripped from him for 4 days a week at 10 hours a day, including travel time.  He is still nursing and I haven't weaned him yet and don't want too.  We will nurse in the mornings, when I get home and before bed and all weekend long if he wants to and I'm sure he will! I'm also stressed because I'm not returning to my familiar job as a learning assistance teacher...they gave my job away and put me in a kindergarten class, of which I am not adept at teaching.  I've been spending precious mat leave time planning and fretting about my return but I shouldn't complain since I know other mothers in the world have it tougher than me.  Still doesn't make it easier with that knowledge.  Anyways, we have been trying to make the best out of our days. Lately, I discovered a gardening nursery nearby and just down the street, a little farm with sheep, chickens, horses and pigs! We've been going there a lot, using it as therapy sessions of a sort.  It's so relaxing to be walking around in the "country"! I also bought a number of plants to make hanging baskets and some herbs to line our patio.  Tending to flowers and our garden has also been a source of joy.  We planted some veggies too! Beets, carrots, radishes, potatoes and very soon, string beans.  I feel that this summer will be wonderful as we see the fruits of our labour flourish and bloom.  Nathanael loves being outside and happily plucks away at dandelions and well, just about everything else.  He packs everything into his chubby little fists like a squirrel, prepping for winter.  He just turned 11 months old yesterday and has been walking since he was 10 months and 2 weeks but a lot more steadier now.  He's quite the card too and makes the funniest sounds when he sees an animal.  If you've followed me on instagram, you can watch the video there.  

As for stitching, that has been a no go.  I did pick up needle and thread the other night, made a big mistake and spent the rest of the night picking it out.  Needless to say, I haven't picked it up since.  But I will! Instead, I have been fooling around with aromatherapy and making a lot of wonderful products to support and heal us.  Inhalers, bath salts, sprays, toners, roll ons and my next venture will be an anti-aging serum.  Aromatherapy is quite the trip and one learns something new everyday.  I was quite surprised that there is a lot of unsafe usage information out there mainly put out by big mlm companies such as Young Living and Doterra.  One of Young Living's oils, cinnamon bark, was recently tested and found to be adulterated, meaning it wasn't pure and cut with chemicals.  You would think that essential oils should be all safe but it's not the case when money is involved.  Isn't that the way with all things though? Anywho, I have found other reputable companies with cheaper prices and have been happy with discovering new oils, uses and scents.  It's a lot of fun!!

Okay, enough rambling, here's some photos of my boy.  I should include some flower photos but I'll wait until my next post...hopefully that won't be 4-5 months away! 













There will be more photos, but I forgot to mention our dear Vickie stitched the most adorable flatfold for Nathanael.  It's a little boy holding Titus, ha, if Titus would let him!! NOT!!!! Thank you dearest of friends for this precious gift xoxoxoxox.





Annnnd, some stitching I forgot to show! One day, awhile ago, as I was making the bed, I knocked over a glass of water and it spilled on my Sarah Chapple! The dye ran a bit but thankfully, because of the dark linen, you can't really tell unless you look real close, that there's ruddy dye marks on the linen.  Oh well.




Some wee grass I stitched awhile back on my JCS 1707.



Now back to my boy.











Okay, I should've edited but it's hard to do when he is just so darn cute.  I miss all of you and think of all of you all the time. Seriously I do.  

Big hugs,

Anne

28 comments:

Annie said...

Well you sound a bit stressed out, but really it seems that life is pretty good for you. Nathaniel just couldn't be any cuter!
At least you have an excuse for all that frogging... I don't have a toddler and I spend a lot of time frogging too!

Giovanna said...

Such an adorable babe. I know, maternity leave passes way too quickly :-(
Your samplers are stunning.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

He is wonderful!! I couldn't leave my son when my mat leave came to an end but in the UK we get rather better benefits that you do! Although I was a lot worse off and on a very tight budget I could manage. The most important thing was getting some help with my mortgage so we had a roof over our heads.

There's only one thing to do - have another one LOL

Maybe you can spend your lunchbreaks stitching or your commute? Make the best of going back to work!

Vickie said...

Oh dear Anne, the time is so close now. I am so sorry your old position is not there for you any longer. Summer will be here so quick. Nathanael almost got that chicken!!! You three take good care. It will all work out.

Robin in Virginia said...

Nathanael is a cutie. Thank you for sharing him via pictures with us. I am sorry you will be returning to a different classroom when your leave is up. Thinking of you!

Mouse said...

gosh that time has flown quickly ... ooo I checked with my brain cell and nope it hadn't forgotten about you ...lol
lovely to see the photos of the wee man ...and I remember those days of being exhausted etc .... it does pass ...
how fun you doing the aromatherapy too ..... pity you couldn't sell it to fund being at home instead of going back to work ... thought they had to keep your old job open for you when you were off on maternity leave ???
hope things improve for you and lovely to see some stitching in there too :) love mouse xxxxxx

Linda said...

Your little guy is adorable Anne and so big already. Glad your back.

Linda

Ali said...

Aawwww he is just a wee cutie and I loved seeing all his photos, he is growing so quick! Sorry you are having to go back to a different position at your work.

Carol said...

I'm sure going back to work will be difficult for you, Anne... Do you just go back for a month or so and then have the summer off? I'm not sure how things work in Canada. I actually did my student teaching in Kindergarten and absolutely loved it--the kids are so sweet and innocent at that age. (At least they were back in 1977--who knows about now :)

I so loved reading about your big boy--what sweet photos. He already loves animals and nature like his parents, I see :) No worries on not stitching--I gave it up for so many years when my three were growing up. It will still be waiting when you have more time in your life. Sending you a big hug--and please give one to Nathanael, too!

Barb said...

What a wonderful post Anne. We have all enjoyed seeing Nathanael grow. He is such an adorable little boy. I can imagine how hard it must be to go back to work. I think that once you are there, it will be better. I'm glad you have had at least this much time. My poor niece had to go back after 6 weeks. My sister went up and took care of her little girl. They wanted her to be at least 6 months old before day care. I totally agree with Carol. There will be lots of time for stitching as he gets older. Children are only little for such a short time. Enjoy the garden, we have the best weather for lots of wonderful plants!

Margaret said...

Oh Anne, I'm sorry you're facing going back to work when you're not ready. It must be so hard on everyone! I was lucky in that I could stay at home with my kids. But my sister experienced the same wrench as you, even earlier. I know it was hard on her. I'll be thinking of you and Nathaneael in the coming days. Lots of hugs. he's a beautiful boy. Happy early birthday to him!

marly said...

Yes he is so darn cute. Love seeing the photos. Close call on Sarah! She is a beauty. It will only be a short time before summer and you'll be back to 24/7 mom.

Brigitte said...

Oh, how I loved to see new pictures of your cute little son showing how he explores the world on daddy's arm or on his own now that he can walk.
Don't stress out too much over going back to work. You will be settling in fine and Nathanael will, too. And you will also soon be get used to your new position at school. The before is always worse than the situation itself, in my experience. Wishing you all the best of luck for a good start.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Lovely photos of Nathanael.The avocado is getting a thorough inspection:)
I was a stay at home mum for both my boys because their daddy ws away from home with his job during the week in the early years.I became very good at juggling our household accounts:) I know how fortunate I was to have the chance to be at home.

I hope you settle as much as is possible into your new role at school. I am sure like now you will cherish every minute you have with your gorgeous boy and your stash is not going anywhere.Perhaps a very small project would satisfy your stitchy bug. Take care Anne.

Stitching Noni said...

Oh, he is just the sweetest and cutest little fellow.... I can so see why you can't bare to go back to work... :(
They do grow up so quickly...
I am sorry that you are going back to a different job.. Just one more thing to stress about... You may find once you get started that you enjoy the change :)
Hope you get a chance to get some stitchy time in soon :)
Take care, hugs xx

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Very beautiful family
Congratulations for yours needle works

C Reeder PhxAz said...

Adorable!!! Keep those pictures coming - oh yea and the stitching ones too!! When my first was born I felt exactly like you in not wanting to leave. I worked really hard and found a job working as a proofreader at home. It paid well. I could do it at home. I also helped two neighbor kids with extra English and writing stuff. We ate a LoT of potatoes and beans and rice that year. We also had a garden. It was hard but we made it work. I didn't go back to work until just after her third birthday. I treasure that to this day. Prayers are with you as you figure it all out. Pick up the needle it's good therapy too.

Cindy's Stitching said...

He is so cute a proud mom you are. Essential oils helped me a lot in my heaLing from mold. I have a diffuser and it is on everyday in my room. I also use coconut oil with different scents for a moisturizer. I only use organic. Frankensense goes back to biblical times, very healing. I started growing my herbs and veggies to. Going back to work will be a change, I know it will be hard. Love the stitching pieces you are working on.

Justine said...

Thank you for sharing those lovely photos of your gorgeous wee man! I love his chubby little fists, perfect for stuffing full of treasures.
I really feel for you Anne having to return to work before you're ready. I returned to work when my youngest was the same age as Nathanael. I won't lie, it was very hard, but I was surprised that I adjusted to it quite quickly.
I hope your employer will support you in your return, particularly as they have added to your stress by changing your job.
I'll be thinking of you.

woolwoman said...

Nice to see you here - your baby boy is so adorable! I hope you stress less and enjoy what live brings your way. I'm sure kindergarteners can be cute too. A new challenge right! your stitching is gorgeous and I was pleased to see JCS in there too. Take care - come back again when you can - Mel

Maggee said...

Wow--how he has grown! And he is WALKING already? That was early... they say boys start later (that is how it was for me). Of course, who are 'they' anyway!?! I loved seeing all the photos... Daddy looks so happy too! Out here, they will save A spot for you in the company after maternity leave of 6-10 weeks (each company is different) but they do not guarantee your old job... the way of the world I guess. I think Kindergarten will be easier, as there will NOT be any standardized testing to be done! Ha! I bet your new maternal instincts help you in the classroom this year! Loved hearing from you again! Big Hugs!

Julie said...

I hope all goes smoothly with your return to work {Hugs}
Such a wonderful variety of pictures you have shared here, you can never see too many baby pictures.

xxxx

Aurelia Eglantine said...

It's always nice to see a new post from you, but I agree with everyone else - take all the time you need for your family, that's by far the most important thing :) Stitching will be something you can come back to when you get the time, sometime in the future. Glad your mishap with the water wasn't worse!

I'm so sorry that you're having to switch classrooms and grades, but hopefully it will only be temporary and you can find a position that better suits you soon. Nathanael is such a cute boy, and looks very curious and lively, which is wonderful - hopefully you'll be able to get him interested in creative pursuits of some kind, starting with the gardening :) Be well, and best of luck with everything!

KimM said...

What an adorable little boy. Take lots of time with family - they are the most important things on this earth.
Take care - Happy Mother's Day!
xxx

Sarah in Stitches said...

Oh, he is so sweeeeeeeeeeeettttttt! Happy Mother's Day, Anne :D I hope going back to work isn't too difficult for you!

The Maiden said...

Wow, I cannot believe you have a 1 year old! It feels like just yesterday you were announcing your pregnancy. I hope kindergarten has treated you well, I too took a leave of absence recently when I broke my foot at work and returned to another position. I believe everything happens for a reason, and while I couldn't see it initially my new position has been AMAZING! I love all the pictures of your handsome little guy and that Titus was featured in the first one!

Kaisievic said...

Nathaniel is adorable, Anne, how did your back to work go? Hard work, I bet? I see that you are on Instagram now, much quicker and easier, I imagine. hugs, kaye

Anonymous said...

Oh dear Anne, the time is so close now. I am so sorry your old position is not there for you any longer. Summer will be here so quick. Nathanael almost got that chicken!!! You three take good care. It will all work out.



ตารางบอล