Friday, March 11, 2011

8.9 Earthquake in Japan

I was woken up by my brother telling me about tsunami warnings in BC, Canada, so I turned on the news and saw the devastating 8.9 earthquake in Japan.  I am sending my prayers for the people of Japan and contacted my friends who are currently over there working and they are okay.  Scared but okay.  I hope no more earthquakes happen.  After the Christchurch earthquake in New Zealand, the one in Japan, we have to be prepared for more.  I am worried about the potential earthquake here on the coast of BC.  I am making an earthquake kit today in the event that it happens.  The plates are moving and I fear that there will be more.  My heart goes out to all the people who have lost their loved ones.

1 comment:

Yuko said...

Anne,
Thank you so much for praying for us Japanese people.
I'm so touched by your comment and this post.
Thank you so much.

Yuko in Japan