Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tangled roots

Hello all!!

It's been awhile since I posted anything stitchy but I have been busy stitching!!  I finally got all the materials I needed to make a needle book but now I am procrastinating finishing it.  This is what my blog is supposed to help me with: motivate me to FINISH!!  Of course it is also to meet new friends and share our love for stitching.  So why can't I hunker down and finish??? I have the supplies.  Maybe its the process of cutting out cardboard that is making me hesitate.  I thought about multiple different ways of making a needle book and decided on the cardboard technique.  I should have stitched on a long piece of linen and then sewed the needle book together as I have seen some people do.  That process would have been easier and faster to do.  As I'm writing this I feel the urge to bite the bullet and do it!!!

So I'll be quick with my other update: Tanglewood.  I love love love working on this pattern.  Though I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by the enormity of the project.  It has taken me three or four evenings just to do the ground and tangled roots of the tree.  OI!!  So here are some progress pics of my beloved tree.

Sorry about the wrinkles!
Needle book materials

No comments: