Sunday, March 6, 2011

Kooky Tanglewood Dog Finished

Hello!!

I am sorry I have not posted in quite sometime.  I have been very busy and have not done too much stitching.  What I have done though is finish that funny, kooky tanglewood doggie who is all caught up in a ribbon.  I added the grass and thistles and only have two more thistles to finish.  I am still waiting on my other threads, the important ones, the tanglewood tree threads!  Hopefully my stash will arrive this week because I cannot continue stitching my tanglewood until I do (sad face).  So to tide me over until I get my threads, I began a new project.  I thought it would be good for me to try stitching a needlebook!  I have seen some beautiful examples of needlebooks and am not quite decided on how I want to make it.  I used a freebie from the Swappon site and was inspired by Lynn B's blog.  She has a wonderful blog that is full of great tutorials and she makes the cutest, prettiest smalls. Hopefully my needlebook will be finished soon. I am the queen of procrastinating finishing! Remember that lovely Valentine's pattern I stitched?!? Well, I still haven't finished it into the little pillow I planned to make.  I think I will make next weekend my weekend of finishing!

Take care and keep stitching!

Anne

Kooky Doggie Tangled in Ribbon
Thistles and the Kooky Doggie
The beginnings of my first needlebook


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Good morning, Anne! You are making good progress with Tangelwood! It is frustrating to wait for threads (I know all too well!) but hopefully this week you and I both will get our stash in the mail!

Nice start on your needlebook. Don't worry - we all have things we want to finish but haven't as there are always more wonderful things to stitch! :-)

Bec said...

He is kooky! lol
Looks great though. Can't wait to see it once it is finished.
I hope your threads turn up very soon.

Your first needle book looks great!I love the colours.