Friday, April 1, 2011

Stain Faded But Not Gone

Well, after multiple soaks and prayers that the stain would go away, I managed to minimize it to a small, light purplish blob.  I would have soaked it more but the water was running into the other stitching and I had some of my stitches bleed a bit.  Sigh.  After I came to accept the fate of bleeding threads, I had an idea about what to do with the stain.  I am going to stitch either a little butterfly or dragonfly over top the stain, in the direction of the thistles.  Not too bad of an idea hey?! I figured why not embrace the stain and work with it, instead of fighting it. I am still mulling over which kind of bug will fly into my Tanglewood, but I think I'm leaning more towards a dragonfly. 





Oh and to top off the stain catastrophe, I had to frog out that right branch about three times!! I did read the warnings posted by the ladies stitching Tanglewood on the ICblog about how pesky and troublesome that branch was to stitch.  Here I am, stitching along, thinking that I wouldn't screw it up because I was being so careful, yet I did! It was like an optical illusion! I swear!!


4 comments:

Teresa said...

Well I am glad to see that most of it came out. The only other thing I could recommend if the linen is white a little deluted bleach water on a Q-tip just on the stain. Only if on white.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Melissa said...

Anne, just think of the stories you can tell one day about this piece!!! That's a great idea that you have about working a butterfly over the stain. Good luck with the rest of it!

Have a good weekend.

Sally said...

That looks a whole lot better now. Definitely faded a lot. What a great idea you had about stitching a butterfly over it!

Sara said...

Che sfortuna!! Spero che tu riesca ad aggiustarlo bene con una libellula. Buona fortuna. Ciao
Sara