Monday, November 1, 2010

Some old unfinished pieces

Here area some pictures of unfinished pieces I have done.  The geisha and teddy bear just need a bit more backstitching then I will have to frame them.  I will attempt to frame them myself.....yes I will frame them myself! I just hope I don't hammer my finger or anyone else that might be helping me (side glance to my husband).

Tatty Teddy Birth Sampler

Geisha Girl


Some old house I stitched when I was 15

A cute pansy pattern I stitched when 
I was young, just finished into a 
lavender pillow a few months ago!


4 comments:

Meadows08 said...

Hey fellow Vancouver-Blogger!!! How on earth did you find me? I noticed you just started your blog in September and you're doing a great job. Here is a link to a post I did that really helped me with blogging, if you are interested.

http://meadows08.blogspot.com/2009/10/how-i-think-i-became-better-blogger.html

Thanks for finding me, and following me! I agree about wishing we had somewhere other than Michael's to get supplies at. Did you ever go to the Loving Stitch in Surrey? I closed last April. It wasn't much and wasn't very current but you could always find Kreinik, beads or linen there.

Have a great weekend!

Anne said...

Thanks for the link! I'll take a look at it and hopefully implement some of their tips and strategies to become a better blogger.

It is too bad that we don't have something better, but perhaps one day we'll get a good store to shop at! For the meantime I use Traditional Stitches Store from Calgary. Janice is so great and helpful, that I'll continue to purchase my materials from her.


Take care!!

Meadows08 said...

That's where I order a lot of stuff too! I was actually able to visit her store a year ago while my hubby and I were on a road trip. I also order from the states and have it mailed to my mailbox in Blaine, WA ;) That's fast!

About the link, the best tip I got from that is having an email address associated to your blog so you'll get all the comments people leave emailed right to you!

Anne said...

I think I'll add that to my blog now, so I don't forget!