I also have to give a BIG HUG to Denise from Riverside Stitching for sending me an inordinate amount of lace!!! Look at them all!!!
Now I have to make a lot more smalls and other projects to use all those lovely trims!!
Onto stitching news. Not much to report. Sigh. But I have done some stitching! I started stitching my friend's wedding heart, but frogged out the bit I did because I didn't like the Anchor White that I had in my stash since I was a teen. The floss was really fluffy and didn't lay properly. So I used Gentle Arts Sampler Thread Oatmeal which is pretty much the same as the white. Luckily I had this thread because I only have four choices of specialty threads!! I like it much better because it isn't fluffy and it stitches nicely.
I won't bother with pictures of the 3 or 4 leaves I stitched onto Tanglewood. Not worth showing. I managed to fill up the queen's skirt a bit more than before.
Some lavender that I collected. Lavender is one of my favourite flowers and I can't get enough of it!
1. Joyce from Random Ramblings
2. Rhona from Tangled Threads
3. Bec from Bec's Cross Stitch Creations
4. Sana from Tussie Mussie
5. Lesleyanne from Lesleyanne's Life of Stitches
6. Lissanne from Lissanne Creations and Stitching
7. Jo from Serendipitous Stitching
The rules are very simple:
1. Thank the person who has awarded you.
2. List seven things about yourself.
3. Pass the award to 15 other stylish bloggers.
What I really like about the award is learning a bit about everyone. Here are my seven things about myself:
1. Born in city of Vancouver, raised in the countryside of Prince George (got the best of both worlds)
2. Can play piano, guitar but never took lessons
3. Danced Ukrainian dancing from age 8-16
4. I can speak French somewhat and some Russian
5. I started stitching at age 8 or 9 and was obsessed with stitching Precious Moments designs...gave them all away to family
6. I'm addicted to french fries and would take them over chocolate
7. Have read almost every book by a Russian author, War and Peace is still remaining.
There you have it!! Happy Stitching and until next time, I will be up in Prince George visiting my family!! Pray for sunshine!!