Monday, December 3, 2012

A Scarlet Letter Challenge, Advent Calendar and Update

Hello my lovelies!!

Thank you again for all your lovely comments on my last post!! I do not have a heck of a lot of stitching, nor finishing to show you.  This weekend was quite busy with church, making borscht, cleaning and organizing.  Hopefully next weekend will be the time to finish my ornaments.  I have two Christmas ornies to finish and two other finishes to actually finish.  I hope the finishing fairy bites me quick because time is a ticking!!!

Quick word about Christmas cards...I will be organizing the cards and addresses today and hope to mail them out by Friday!

Some blog news - I'm participating in a couple of online ventures and am quite excited about them.  One, I will be a part of Jo's Advent Calendar.  My day is the 24th so keep an eye out for that. I missed it last year and am really happy to be a part of it this year! Two, I'm taking part in Nicola's Scarlet Letter Challenge.  She is celebrating her 50th birthday and the prizes are unbelievable!! Even if I don't win a prize, I don't mind because I'm very excited about starting Hannah Brassington in the New Year.  After finishing Jane, I've been feeling a little off not stitching a sampler.  As much as I love my TBF and Knotgarden, stitching a sampler is so comforting to me that I need to be working on one at all times. I hope to finish Hannah and may be able to start Marion Robertson in 2013.  I have high hopes!!
I've posted the photos before but here's a reminder of what they look like.  I am awaiting the supplies for Hannah.  Talk about expensive! AVAS silk....sigh....I had to do it though.  Never worked with the silk and want to give it a go.  
Hannah Brassington
Marion Robertson
I'm also going to be part of a Random Act of Stitching Kindness, hosted by Angela from Hooked on Stitches.  It's my first time being a part of any sort of exchange/RAK.  I did send out a few RAKs this year and really enjoyed doing that.  I wanted to send out more but then life got in the way.  With being a part of a group, I think it will give me the focus and the push to stitch and finish smalls.  I am pretty excited about it and am already thinking of what to create!! 

Lots of firsts for me this year! I think 2013 will be a great year for stitching!

I didn't forget about the Red and Cream Aida draw.....4 people entered (I wish I had 4 pieces of red aida to give away!)

The winner is.........................Rosey175!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will email you Rosey about your win!

Want a stitchy update? Here's TBF (lots of nasty Kreinik) and Titus:


Luckily he's a gentle boy and doesn't claw my stitching....although I did move him away right afterwards.  He really loves to plop onto my stuff doens't he?!?!!!!


Big Hugs


Anne


28 comments:

Siobhán said...

Nice progress on your Tea Bath Fairy! ACK on Titus lying on it--but that's good that he doesn't claw it.

I love your SL choices for Nicola's SL year. I'm having such fun looking at everybody's choices, because I feel as if I've seen everything in the SL catalog, yet I am 'finding' so many new things I'd not noticed. So many lovely choices! I can't wait to see your WIP pictures.

Vickie said...

Wow! New and exciting things coming up for you! I have never been part of an exchange either, but that is because I feel it is not the right fit for me.
I love your new charts.

cucki said...

Hello deary very nice progress on your Tea Bath Fairy..
I love your SL choices for Nicola's SL year..they so sweet..I am also taking part in it..
Lots of love for you x

Annette-California said...

Beautiful progress on your wip. Lovely choices for Nicola's SL. Yes the silks are an investment:) Once you try stitching with silk threads....you will be spoiled. Its so smooth the way it glides thru the fabric. I'm excited for you to try the silk threads. My first time was early this year trying silk - love it.
love Annette

Emma/Itzy said...

Sounds like you have a busy year ahead (not just me then?!)

Congrats to the winner of your giveaway :)

Solstitches said...

Lots of lovely stitching plans for 2013. I'm signed up for Nicola's challenge also and looking forward to it.
Nice progress on your WIP.
Margaret

Ann at Beadlework. said...

It's lovely to see familiar faces taking part in the challenge. It's my first ever and I'm so looking forward to getting started. I hope you enjoy using AVAS threads, I think their silk is a delight to stitch with, it's always been my favourite.

The Maiden said...

When the finishing Fairy is done nipping at you send her my way! Tea is so large, I had no idea until I saw Titus as a reference! It is looking great, just like a painting!

Nicola said...

AVAS are my favourite silks and well worth the investment for a special project.

What fabric did you choose for Hannah?

Margaret said...

lol about Titus! He sounds like Mia that way -- Mia doesn't claw my stitching either, and knows not to play with my fibers. Titus is such a cutie! You've chosen the perfect two samplers for the SL challenge. I so want to stitch both, as you know! I have to go look at this Advent Calendar thing. I'm curious now. lol!

Barb said...

Lots of luck on your stitching in 2013, I have thought about the SL challenge, but I have a few samplers I really want to do and they are not SL. I do agree with you about stitching samplers. My goal this year is to do more of them.

Minnie said...

Tea Bath is looking beautiful and you have some wonderful plans for next year.

Giovanna said...

Nice going on the WIP. Look forward to seeing you stitch those gorgeous samplers.

Chris said...

It sounds like 2013 is going to be an amzing stitching year for you.
Great progress.
Titus thinks your stuff is his stuff!
Hugs to you both!

Shirlee said...

Congratulations to Rosey! The samplers are very impressive ... I'm sure you'll do a great job with them. I'm glad Sophie is not here at this time to see that photo of Titus. I don't want her getting any ideas. She is easily influenced too : )

Angela said...

I love the look of the samplers you have chosen for next year. I am trying to decide which Sampler company sampler I want to start next year, I love the look of them and have never stitched one.

Thanks for mentioning the RAK blog, I hope it will be fun for everyone :)

Titus is so cute :)

Catherine said...

It's going to be a busy year for you, with some beautiful projects to work on. Your TBF looks great ~ that Titus, such a camera ham!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your teacup looks so realistic!!!!! All that over one is going to pay off!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Busy busy busy! But it sounds like it's all going to pay off. And Titus is so CUTE!

Karoline said...

Your TBF is looking lovely & Titus is a real cutie

The samplers you've picked out for the challenge are lovely.

Carol said...

Pretty sampler choices, Anne! I have never stitched with silks either, but maybe 2013 will be my year :)

That is so good that Titus knows how to respect your needlework--not many cats would be that intelligent!! The teacup is looking so sweet--can't wait to see more...

Good luck with the ornament finishing--I'm so far behind it is embarrassing :(

Stitching Noni said...

What is it with cats & stitching? My boys are just the same :)
Wow, fab choices for the sampler SAL. Teabath fairy is looking really good :)
Well done on all your first that you have planned for 2013!

valerie said...

Great progress on your Tea Fairy!! Love it and floofy Titus! I keep reading about all these bloggers participating in the sampler SAL. I am so picky and still dealing with Jane Pattison that I just can't sign up for another but will enjoy seeing what everyone is up to! :)

♥ Nia said...

You're a busy bee! so many things going on :D
Love your stitching! and looks like your cat shares my opinion ;) eheheh
I've seen the new Rak's blog by Angela, I think it's a great idea! But now I don't have the chance to participate =/ Better to leave it after Christmas, too many things going on now. I'll join soon ;) ehhehe
Hugs&smiles

rosey175 said...

Yayayyayaay I won!! :D :D And am horrible about commenting about it -- busy and sick DO NOT COMBINE WELL! You already saw my advent, so much fun and I'm glad I participated even though I had to schedule my post around being a busy zombie!

Wow, I suppose I never really gathered just how big your teacup is going to be!! How are you not going blind stitching that?!?! Even Titus flops over in exhaustion!! :D It looks amazing though!!

Meari said...

You will be busy in 2013! I got your card yesterday :) Thank you!

Congrats to Rosey.

Rita said...

your stitching looks lovely! and your cat too ehehe
its a really busy time indeed!
kisses!

marly said...

Happy Birthday!!! I can't even remember 36 but oh how I wish I was back there! Enjoy your special day and cake.