Monday, October 20, 2014

Around the World Blog Hop

Hello everyone!

Today is my day for the Around the World Blog Hop.  I was invited to do this post by Brigitte, from At Brigitte's Place. Thanks Brigitte for inviting me to participate in this blog hop.   I hope I don't disappoint!

So there are a few questions that we are to answer.  I can choose to answer them all or one, it's up to me. I'm going to answer 3.

1. What am I working on.  Well, there a number of BAP's I am working along with 1 small design that is in my rotation.  Currently, I have been working on Sarah Chapple but have had backwards success with her this weekend.  I thought I miscounted the border and began ripping out about 3 hours of work when last night, I realized I was looking at the wrong darn page! So in fact, I didn't make a mistake at all!! So 3 hours of stitching that I needlessly frogged and am trying to restitch.  

Here are a series of Sarah photos plus two photos of my other BAP's I alternately work on.


Before frogging


Unnecessary frogging
JCS 1707

Tea Cup Fairy in it's current state

2.  Why do I create what I do.  I've always loved needlework and textiles since I was a young girl.  I have a deep respect for women in the past who have used needlework to tell their story and be creative when there weren't many outlets for women to do so.  My love of history and all things old, coupled with needlework, drew me to stitch samplers, of which I wish I could produce more than one per year.  The process of stitching or crocheting is therapeutic and anchors me when things in life feel rocky or uncertain.  I do a lot of thinking, daydreaming and praying when I stitch so it's a meditation of sorts but with a tangible outcome in the end.  I love to make little gifts for people too, particularly my family, who are always thrilled to received something handmade from me...even to the point now where they are requesting things!

3. How does my creative process work?  Hmmm, When it comes to choosing a sampler, I often am drawn to the colours, motifs and details that are in a sampler.  It's hard to choose a favourite because I have yet to stitch a sampler from each century and country.  Each one has it's charm and intrigue.  As for smalls, I am drawn to designs that uses nature in a sweet way.  Prim, whimsical, antique, any kind of design I enjoy stitching.  Sometimes I stitch a design and think of a finish while I'm stitching, or I'll have a finish in mind, find a design and make it.  When stitching for someone, I often think of the end product first and use a theme or colour scheme and then find a pattern that will fit.  I don't have a precise process, I just like to stitch whatever calls to me!

Now for the second part of the blog hop.  I invited three people, one of which already did the blog hop, oops, and I forgot to chose another person in lieu of.  Only one responded and that is Sarah!! From Sarah in Stitches. Sarah lives in Dubai, UAE and teaches too like me.  She creates lovely biscornus, of which I have one, and other lovely stitchy creations.  Please do hop over to her blog for her blog post on October 27th.

Fall is here...it's such a beautiful time of the year.





A quick thank you to all those who commented on last post.  I haven't got around to responding to all of them yet.  I have my blogoversary giveaway in mind for next weekend and another surprise to share with you all.

Hugs to you all!!

Anne

22 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Anne. It ws to learn a little more about your stitching. The pieces your working on are gorgeous.

Linda

Margaret said...

Oh no! I stopped cold at the fact that you frogged 3 hours work only to discover it wasn't a mistake after all. Groan. You poor thing! :( Nice post -- you did a great job on the blog hop!

Barb said...

It was fun learning a bit more about your stitching and thinking about it. Great WIPS and beautiful Fall photos!

butterfly said...

Beautiful stitching beautiful photos, and love reading and getting to know you more , have fun.

Annette-California said...

ooooh so sorry you did all that frogging to learn it was correct after all. I've done that my self before. Well at least you know its correct now. Lovely post on your blog hop. I enjoyed it very much. love Annette

Annette said...

What a lovely post too read!!
I enjoyed it!
Thank you so muh..
I hope the frogs stay away.. they are not fun too have
Have fun with your projects..
I hope al is good with you and your hubby!!

Annette said...

BTW love love the fall pic's!!

cucki said...

Such a lovely post to read my dear
Big hugs x

Ann said...

I love blog hopping! Have also been invited by Britt so eager to discover other blogs :-).
Have fun!
Ann

Julie said...

You are working on some wonderful things Anne, it was lovely to read your answers.

Vickie said...

Oh Anne! 3 hours!!! =(
We are just over the peak of pretty colors here. I love fall too.

Brigitte said...

Oh no, unnecessary frogging, how bad is that. BUt what can you do, when it's frogged it's frogged. BUt once you restitch it all will be forgotten.
I have been reading a couple of blog hop posts today and they are all so very interesting, every one is interpreting the questions differently. It has been a lot of fun to read all these different answers. And yours are no exception. What I read in almost every blog hop post is that everyone has been fascinated by needlework from a very early age on. It seems that once you have been bitten by the bug you can't get rid of it anymore, lol.

Ellen said...

Oh poor thing with the frogging....I have done the same thing. It is a double waste of time with frogging and then restitching the exact same thing!

Sarah is absolutely gorgeous!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Thanks for handing the baton to me! :D Hope I do you proud next week. It was lovely to read about your stitching process, but I can't believe you have to re-stitch all of that hard work! Urgh.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

How dreadful to have to repeat all the stitching! What a terrible pretend-frog that was.

It was interesting to read your answers too. I like your idea of stitching samplers from different countries and centuries too.

Melissa said...

You are making good progress on the samplers. I particularly love Sarah. She's so pretty! Sorry you had to do all that frogging though! :-(

Carol said...

Oh, how frustrating that unnecessary frogging must have been, Anne! Oh well, at least you didn't rip out all the stitches!!

Enjoyed your interview and your fall foliage is certainly gorgeous :) Hope you're having a lovely week, my sweet friend :)

Rhona said...

Oh, I feel for you....all that frogging when it wasn't needed! Lovely to read your answers and to get to know you better!

Sally said...

I enjoyed reading your blog hop. That's a bummer that you frogged only to find it was right in the first place!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

It's so interesting to read what motivates other stitchers and how it all began for them. The last photo in your post is very pretty.

Meari said...

Enjoyed reading your rendition of the blog hop! I always like reading memes. :)

Kaisievic said...

Oh, Anne, how awful to have to do all of that frogging. Although I must say that Sarah Chapple is a gorgeous stitch!