I'm back from camping at Porpoise Bay!! A bit exhausted and annoyed that I can't cool off with a swim in the bay. It's hot here and in our apartment it's about 4 degrees hotter than outside. Yuck. The thing with vacations is that you always want to go back as soon as you come home. Granted, I do enjoy sleeping on a bed instead of a blow up mattress and snuggling with Titus, who by the way hasn't left our side since we came home, but I do miss being outdoors and not having any cares in the world. Here are some highlights of our trip:
1. Meeting an amazing couple from the Yukon, the man was a teacher like me
2. Swimming in the clear water of the bay
3. Walking to the estuary and watching the kingfishers and enjoying the quiet
4. Seeing the meteor showers, the milky way and the gazillion stars in the night sky
5. The quiet by the estuary
6. Did I mention the quiet? Oh yes I did...three times....see I like quiet and listening to nothing but the birds!
7. Reading a good thriller at night with my headlamp
8. Stitching, although I didn't do as much as I'd like
9. Surviving the crazy lightning and thunderstorm on our second night there.
10. Being with my husband
11. Thinking we won the Caramilk Golden Key Contest of $250,000. Yes, we thought we had the key (it was an image on the wrapper). Then I read the rules and saw that there was a 1 in 10 chance of winning. My hubby said we could take the buyout of getting a lifetime supply of caramilk bars so we started doing the math. Upon closer inspection of the wrapper and the rules, yes it took us a few times, I realized that it was an actual key that we needed, not what we thought was the key. After the let down, we laughed for a long time about how we actually thought we won money. You know what's funnier? My first words when we thought we won was "let's pack up and go cash in our prize!" Too funny!!!!!
Things that I didn't like on our trip...and yes there were a few moments!
1. After the torrential rain for 7 hours, a lot of our stuff was damp and took forever to dry...my pjs had a funky smell to them
2. The 150 mountain bike people that invaded our campground on our anniversary
3. They had a truck to carry their stuff!! So jealous!
4. They had a band AND a catering company to provide them with food....the pulled pork looked so good
5. Walking towards a secluded beach and stepping on barnacles that tore up my feet. Luckily some fellow campers had hydrogen peroxide with them so I could clean my wounds
6. Not being alone with my husband on our anniversary :(
7. The big massive hill that went on for miles on our way back! But I'm glad we conquered it!! So it should be a highlight instead!!
Next year we will go somewhere more secluded and less busy. It is time for a change anyways since this was our third time there.
Enjoy the photos and if you like you can look at the web album too. Oh and my sister's camera is mine now. I bought it from her. Unfortunately, I forgot to pack the charger so half of our trip is on my cell phone camera. Anyways, here's the link:
|playing around with my camera settings|
|The nasty barnacles|
|Favourite photo of the Salmon Habitat that I'm going to print and frame|
|The estuary, my favourite place to muse and be at peace|
|Looks like a miniature forest|
I hope you enjoyed the photos. I really had fun trying out all the different functions!!
Thank you all for your lovely comments and well wishes on my trip. I have a lot of catching up to do and hope to do so soon. I will do another post after this to do with stitching and IHSW.
Hugs! I'll be back later with those stitching photos!!